2016 is a great year for Carnival fans around the world. It marks the cruise line´s return to Europe after a few years break and the introduction of the company´s newest resort vessel, Carnival Vista, bringing impressive innovations to the seas like the first IMAX theatre or the thrilling Skyride bicycle course. Just to name a few.
And while the year has already passed half and most of you will have already booked their cruise for this winter, why not talking about what is in stock for next year?
Today, I have attended Carnival Cruise Line Deutschland´s route highlights presentation at the Maritim Hotel in my hometown Munich. But before I will reveal my personal highlights for the upcoming season, did you know that 19 of the altogether 25 fun ships are deployed year-round to the Caribbean and that the average cabin size belongs with almost 17 square metres to the largest in the industry?
Over 100 different routes will be offered from altogether 18 embarkation ports, including highlights such as Barbados, Honolulu, Vancouver, San Juan, New Orleans, New York or Miami. That´s pretty impressive, I think. And with cruises to Alaska, Hawaii and the Mexican Riviera, the new year halts something for every taste, preference or agenda. All in the casual style that the blue and red funnels stand for.
But enough said, here are my personal recommendations for 2017/18:
- Western Caribbean from/to Miami – Perfect for snorkelers, beach bums and sunbathers. Or have you ever wandered through Maya ruins?
- Southern Caribbean from/to Miami – Savour gemstones of the Caribbean like Grand Turk, Curacao or the Dominican Republic and enjoy three full days at sea on the brand-new Carnival Vista.
- Panama Canal from Baltimore to Tampa – Even if only a partly transit through the Canal, this is a bucket list item that every cruiser should dream of. Having done the full transit myself just last December, this is something I can highly recommend to everyone!
- Bermuda from/to New York – Particularly the sailing in September 2017 offers two full nights with lots of time to enjoy the beauty and the hospitality that the Bermudas are famous for.
- Mini Cruise from/to Miami – Having been to the Bahamas many times but felt you never really had enough time? Well, there is a solution: Stay overnight!
- Mexican Riviera from/to Los Angeles – Enjoying an overnight in Cabo San Lucas? Carnival Miracle is waiting…
- Hawaii – Only four departures in 2017, so act fast! These gems (wherever repositioning or round-trip) sell out quickly and are surely a once-in-a-lifetime experience.
- Alaska from/to Seattle – Something special in any way! Dive into the rich nature of one of the most fascinating wildlife reserves on this planet!
Gorgeous sailings, right? Which one is your favourite? Absolutely worth waiting for in 2017, I would say! Happy cruising, peeps!