When speaking of vacationing on the Atlantic coast of Southern Florida, every one of us has one blitz thought coming up instantly: Ah, Miami Beach.
But Miami Beach does not necessarily mean, that you will have to end up in SOBE every time. There is plenty of other places to unwind at: North Beach, Bal Harbour, Sunny Isles, Golden or Hallandale Beach, for instance.
It might not be as glitz and glam as sauntering on Ocean Drive or strolling down fancy Lincoln Road Mall, there is no “Show-off” sunbathing on trendy pool terraces and no “Hot spot-traffic” of local and international hipsters. In exchange, these areas do have some advantages though, that should not be unregarded:
- Accommodation is available at way more competitive prices.
- You may actually sleep with your windows open. The nightlife noise is missing completely.
- Central location in between Miami and Fort Lauderdale allows good access to the region (Now that you have saved money on hotels, treat yourself with a nice rental car!).
- You do not have to feel fat at the beach. Average age is well above SOBE level and far away from plastic muscles. So it will be you to raise the barn!
- Also great for dog lovers. Most locals hold one and walk them constantly. Lots of hotels are pet friendly!
The only thing that you will have to compromise on is location and diversity. South Beach offers an array of choices in restaurants, bars, shopping and nightlife, all in walking distance. Up here, selection is available, but more spread out.
I have scouted a few noteworthy options for you to check out. To make your stay in northern Miami Beach a relaxed, but classy one:
So next time, you plan your trip to Miami and you are seeking less social obligations without completely being away from it, consider to escape a little north. Sunsets and ocean breeze decelerated!